Moving Out of State With a Child

Relocating to a different state with your child or modifying an existing custody agreement because a parent wants to move to another state requires attention from an attorney. In working with an attorney for a custody dispute, you want someone who will take time to listen to your side of the situation and provide direct advice about how your situation can be resolved.

O'Brien Monagan Law Firm P.C. has more than 30 years of divorce and family law experience. Our lawyers are well-respected in the legal community and known for our negotiation and courtroom skills. When representing clients, our goal is always to resolve the legal issues her clients are facing in the best possible manner. From handling domestic abuse issues involving custody to custody modifications, our legal teams offers comprehensive representation for clients.

We will help you understand the factors that the courts will look at in determining whether a parent can move and change an existing agreement. Some factors include:

  • What are the reasons for the move?
  • Is the move in the child's best interests?
  • How will parenting time/visitation be affected?
  • How will the child's relationship with mom and dad be affected?
  • Is the move motivated by anger or a dispute?

Contact O'Brien Monagan Law Firm P.C. To Discuss Child Custody Relocation

Contact us today to schedule your consultation at 518-427-7000. Located in Albany, our office handles cases throughout Albany and Rensselaer counties and the surrounding New York areas.